16 May 2016

Acting made me a polygamist – Adebayo Salami a.k.a Oga Bello.

Adebayo Salami AKA Oga Bello has opened up on how he found himself the patriarch of a big family of men and women with interests in the film industry

The Yoruba Actor’s children indeed have shown more than ordinary interest in the Nigerian movie industry holding a lot of various departments exhibiting expertise, creativity.
Blessed with 18 children, and 15 grandchildren, Adebayo Salami said polygamy was never in his plans as a young man.


“I was so much in love with my wife, you can imagine that my life was such a predictable one, I mean from the house to the office and when I close at work, I will go to Zaad Supermarket where I will pick some items for my wife and later go home for my dinner. After that we go to the cinema or theatre". He said.

Adebayo Salami, who has always loved the theatre and has a strong passion that grew in him and overwhelmed him.

He further said: “Surprisingly, my passion for the theatre took a better part of me and I had to leave my job and joined the theatre practitioners.

“It was there that fame came and quite naturally, it came with women who were great admirers and you know, they actually added value by joining the theatre group and playing significant roles. I didn’t plan my life to be a polygamist but fate brought fame and I found myself here”.
Coincidentally, his wife popularly known as Mama Ejide also is a movie marketer/ distributor.

Adebayo Salami, whose children are mostly in the movie industry, is father to actors Wale and Femi Adebayo, who is also the special adviser to Kwara State Governor on Arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment